Monday, March 8, 2010

Living in times of Moshiach through study of Chassidus

From Mitteler Rebbe’s biography:
[Mitteler Rebbe’s] greatness was not just in the abundance of ma’amorim he said or their length, it was also because of the tremendous depth of his explanations.

Commenting on that depth, the Rebbe Rashab said, “My hair fell out from concentrating on the Mitteler Rebbe’s Imrei Binah*.”

As for publicizing Chassidus among the chassidim, the Mitteler Rebbe encouraged his chassidim to constantly discuss Chassidus among themselves. This desire of his became their reality.

Perhaps this is why the chassidim say that the Mitteler Rebbe’s chassidim felt as if they were living in the days of Moshiach. The Rambam writes that when Moshiach comes, the world will be filled with the knowledge of Hashem. For the Mitteler Rebbe’s chassidim, this was their  reality. They were constantly immersed in the study of Chassidus.
___________
* Incidentally, I was given Imrei Binah as a present for my birthday, so if someone wants to be my chavrusa in learning it, please contact me.

* * *
In other news, this dude looks so Russian! Look at his energy and see the sparks which Chassidus Chabad absorbed.

(skip the inteview bits)

Some more:


I think this one is my favorite of his pieces:

No comments: