- should we cure a disease if G-d created it?
- if he can, is a doctor obligated to heal? can he take payment for it? for what exactly?
- is the patient obligated to pay — and if he cannot, who is?
- are the last two points decoupled (i.e., does one have to do with another)?
- can a doctor come home from work if it involves breaking Shabbos?
- do we expect people to pay or to receive help from community?
- is there an order in providing help (one patient gets helped before another)?
- what is “standing in front of us”?
- general idea of tzedaka
- is drinking alcohol muttar or assur? what about smoking?
- is it pas nisht for girls to drink?
- a little on DNR etc.
Friday, February 13, 2009
Judaism on Health Care
Rabbi Shlomo Yaffe, a very interesting Chabad speaker, talks on this topic. This lecture may be interesting to a wide range of audience. He discusses: