Monday, November 30, 2009

FB, wth?

OK, I understand security check on FB (having to type in two words before posting something on your friend’s wall to prove that you are of a human species). Annoying, but livable. There is no perfection in this world of lies.

I understand using words like “krieger”.

What I don’t understand is using words like “Westmorelands”. Is that even a real geographic location? Sounds like one of those places where a hero of some RPG game is supposed to travel to get the cooperation of the king of dwarves in the war with the dark elves.

9 comments:

NonymousG said...

I hear your kvetch, when I post my blog and Divrei Torah it's really tedious typing in all these non-words. The fact that they're not recognisable words makes me mis-spell far too many!

lirridum said...

i think they would have put any string of words together for you to type-- for all they care

but they chose letters that form "words" so it is easier to remember and types faster for you (no: look up, down, what was that?!?)

NonymousG said...

The problem I find is that they are NOT words!

bonne said...

Maybe they're trying to accomodate the Dungeons and Dragons crowd...

Anarchist Chossid said...

Yes, perhaps. I won't be surprised if I see Hlaungadath then.

Are you a member of the said crowd?

bonne said...

I can't say I am.
Though there was a period of time when all I drew were elves, fairies, and dragons.

Anarchist Chossid said...

Hmm. I used to draw maps. Mostly when I was bored in lectures. Not D&D maps (I only dabbled with the D&D world when in college I played PC games connected to that universe), just stam maps. With military campaigns. And trade routes. Hmm...

bonne said...

That's interesting. Were these maps for pure enjoyment or for a more serious purpose, like taking over the world?

Anarchist Chossid said...

The world? No, I was never quite so ambitious. A small peninsula would suffice. Maybe an archipelago.

Who says taking over the world and pure enjoyment are mutually incompatible?