Monday, June 29, 2009

Shabbos stream of consciousness: Shabbos Parshas Koirach, evening

All resemblance to real people may or may not be accidental. All initials may or may not correspond to real first, second, or third names (or hereditary titles); besides, they do not correspond to the same people every time. Thoughts (mine and those of others’), conversations, divrei Torah.

After Mincha: We do need a Moshe Rabbeinu. Just because we stood in front of Har Sinai together doesn't mean we can communicate with G-d ourselves as successfully. ("Yes, it reminds one of you-know-what. 'Everything was created in opposites.' Deal with it.")

After Ma'ariv: "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Dinner:

Rabbi P. [I am paraphrasing]: As he'd said in his e-mail, he was by a farbrengen in CH, where a rabbi who had never seen the Rebbe in his life was telling people about the greatness of the Rebbe. An amazing feeling. He also talked about the love felt during the yechidus. "I was not going to speak, but then he asked me to speak, so I said: you know, I've been to a yechidus with the Rebbe. When I was fourteen. And I did not feel love. I felt awe. I felt an overwhelming sense of awe. When you meet a person, you see him, his personality, character, history. When I saw the Rebbe, there was the sense of great Nothing. Just a source of pulsing power, of very direct purpose. He was there for a reason, and his whole life, his whole essence, his interaction with other Jews was geared towards that reason, that goal. And one was being overwhelmed by this [singular feeling] when standing in front of him."

A: "It's very strange to read the Rebbe talk about Moshe Rabbeinu and Korach. Because the Rebbe was the Moshe Rabbeinu of this generation, and he had his own personal Korach."

[The one for the day is long, so it will go in a separate post, next.]

No comments: